Translate This

Photo Series: The Ultra-Mod TWA Hotel at JFK

By: Matt Long

I recently had the great opportunity to spend a little time at the TWA Hotel at JFK Airport in New York. In 1962, the TWA Flight Center opened for business as it helped usher in a new age of travel. Everything about the Saarinen (also of St. Louis’ Gateway Arch and Dulles Airport fame) designed building screams mid-century mod and ever since the former terminal opened as a hotel in 2019, I have been dying to visit. I will write a full review of the experience soon, but today I wanted to provide a tease with these photos that I think capture what the experience of going back in time is really like.

TWA Hotel at JFK New York



The original content (article & images) is owned by Matt Long. Visit the site here for other interesting stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment